We did make it to South Dakota, though we weren't sure we were going to, as I said before. Roads were bad through Montana, but were fine in Wyoming and South Dakota. After we arrived it snowed all night, and boy was it cold! So, that next morning we went sledding. Here are me and Ruby going down the driveway, with Reder looking on:

Ruby thought sledding was great, and eventually wanted to go all by herself.
Since it was so cold, it was difficult being outside for too long. So, one morning we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. This experience was entirely different from that in Billings. We had the place to ourselves, and it wasn't crazy and overly obnoxious. We had a great time!
For this "game", you held onto these metal handles, and tried to hang on for as long as you could while it vibrated the heck out of you. Jason didn't think it was bad:
I was too chicken to try, but I think Jill about wet herself:
Ruby enjoying her pizza:
Reder was always very good about helping Ruby up in the climbing area, since she couldn't get up herself:
Here we are right after our Thanksgiving meal. It was a wonderful lunch, with fun company (mostly Randy's cousins who live nearby). We forgot to take a picture before we ate.
On the morning before we left, the wild turkeys finally returned (they were coming every day until we showed up, but then they abruptly stopped), and we credit Wally's insistence that we hang this picture he had of a turkey in the window. I guess we were a turkey-friendly establishment! Here is Gramma Mary feeding them:
We were terrible about taking pictures this trip. I did not get a single decent shot of Wally, or any of the Graff's for that matter. So lame!! On another note, on our way home we stopped in Laurel to see my friend Andrea and her family, which was great as we hadn't been there in awhile. Duh, didn't take any pictures there either! But, kids had a blast playing. Her girls are the same age as my kids, so lots of fun to be had! Josie is a fan of wrestling, so she and Reder chased around the house for most of the time doing that. When we left I commented to Reder that Josie really likes to wrestle. Reder says "I'd say that was more like a tackle!" Ha!
We finally made it home, and have been keeping very busy with church stuff, and getting ready for Christmas. Today I let Reder talk me into making some really lame cookies (I was all prepared to make some good ones), but for once this is a cookie he will eat. Night night!







No comments:
Post a Comment