Friday, April 16, 2010

A Texas Birthday Party

Reder's 4th birthday was on the 13th, the day we were to come home to Montana. Great Gramma and Aunt Mary were very nice and planned a little party for Reder on the day before. We made a strawberry pie, and they had some decorations and a few presents. Here are Ruby, Great Gramma, and Reder, ready to party:


I too had to wear a cone hat:


Ruby's a lot cuter in hers:


Reder blowing out his candle:

Kool-aid tongue! This was the kids' first experience with Kool-Aid, and it was a hit, of course:


We are going to have a little family party for Reder on Sunday afternoon. He has requested a Shamu cake (go figure). Reder does not like cake but he insists he "only likes sprinkle cake". I think it is because he wants a cool picture on his cake, and you can't make pie into cool shapes with fun colors. So, we will make a sprinkle cake in the shape of Shamu. I admit I am relying on Jason for this one - it could be tough! I have a retreat all day tomorrow at church, so Jason's mission is to find some black food coloring! I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

No comments: