Friday, April 16, 2010

More Texas Highlights

While we were in Texas we took the kids down to The River. Now that I am typing this I realize I have no idea the name of this River, but that's okay. We figured the kids would play on the equipment there, but it turned out that the huge obnoxious geese were much more entertaining. So, we found some snack in the car and fed them. I was worried Ruby would get trampled, only because they were bigger than she is, but there were well-behaved. Reder thought it was pretty fun to hand-feed them:


We also stopped by The Lake. I think it was called Lake Georgetown, but I could be wrong. A bunch of the path around The Lake was flooded. We enjoyed it, mostly because it's so different from anything we're used to around here. It's fun to experience new places! We could hear cardinals all over the place, but were rarely able to see one. You would think that since they are bright red it would be easy to spot them, but that wasn't the case. I wish we had them in Bozeman.


Then one morning Aunt Mary showed the kids her sewing machine. Reder thought this was particularly intriguing. He and Aunt Mary were doing their "sewing work", he told me. She programmed her machine to spell REDER and RUBY on each of two little towels, which Reder thought was pretty special. Thanks Aunt Mary!!


No comments: