I'm promise this is my last Disney World post. I'm probably boring you all to tears!
Our final day there was Mother's Day, so I got to pick where we went - Magic Kingdom of course! We started our day by being woken by a little voice in the dark singing "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!" Guess that was the first thing Ruby thought of when she woke up!
We got to the park before it opened, somehow. So we waited at the entrance and got to see Mickey Mouse ride in on the train! Wow!
Then right as we got in we realized there was no wait to see the princesses. This was our chance! We thought we were going to disappoint Ruby. All of the cute pictures of Ruby with the princesses are on Jason's camera, so he'll have to post those. Anyway, here is Ruby in anticipation!:

Look, Disney even has kid-height sinks in every single bathroom!
We went to Fantasy Land and rode some rides, then decided it was snack time. Since it was our last day here we decided it was a free-for-all and forget nutrition and eat whatever the heck we wanted. Princesses can down a bag of Cheetos mighty fast I tell you! And Reder thoroughly enjoyed his Cracker Jack. Jason and I just wanted fruit and they actually had bananas at this snack place so that's what we had:


Pirates of the Caribbean could be a little scary for Ruby:
Ruby had a mega-meltdown after riding Buzz Lightyear, so we decided to call it a day. On our way out of the park we noticed there was no wait to see Mickey Mouse, so the kids decided they really wanted to do that. I was holding Ruby as we were filing into the building and wouldn't you know she zonked out and missed the entire thing. Reder was not nearly as brave without her either. He made Dad stand next to Mickey with him, and tried to hide in the corner. Again, those pictures are on Jason's camera. I carried Ruby most of the way to the bus stop but my arms were about to fall off so Jason took over. Tired girl:
When we got back to the hotel we took it easy for awhile, then loaded up the stroller and walked the short distance to the other building of our hotel. It is more like condos or time-shares. Pretty fancy. There was a restaurant in this building that we wanted to try. It was called Sanaa and had wonderful, supposedly African food. It was wonderful, and relatively cheap! The kids liked their meals too - notice they are eating cheeseburgers. Reder ate a cheeseburger every single day we were there. He was in heaven. Here we are enjoying our food:


Since it was Mother's Day I was "allowed" to get dessert, so I chose chocolate cake. Then I didn't have anyone trying to sneak bites either, since Jason won't eat chocolate. Ha!
The kids' meals came with dessert. Reder had tapioca but wouldn't eat it. I wasn't surprised. Jason helped him out with that:
Ruby had chocolate cake with Mickey Mouse sprinkles!:
After dinner we headed over to the pool that was part of this building. We wish we had found this earlier! The water slide was so much better, and there was even a little baby one that Ruby liked. There was also a section that was more of a water park, with cannons:




And a slide. The kids loved this. Definitely a highlight!:
Here's Reder coming off the water slide. Ruby did it once but got turned around and really scared herself, so she wouldn't do it anymore. She stuck to the baby slide instead.:We were very sad to leave. We'll definitely go back!








No comments:
Post a Comment