Day 5 of our vacation started off with Animal Kingdom. We decided it would be best to split the day in two again, and do one park in the morning, naptime, then another park.
Here are the kids racing down the small hill in front of the hotel to the bus stop. Whenever we were in or near the hotel they could not walk, only run, and pretend they were rockets. Everytime Ruby made sure to tell me that fire comes out her back. Nice Ruby.

Right when we got there Reder and I booked it to Expedition Everest. It is a really big roller coaster. It was not yet built last time we were here so we didn't know quite what to expect. There was no line so we hopped right on. It was scary!! Fast, forwards, backwards, in the dark, with a Yeti! When we got off Reder said "I did not like that! I won't go on that again till I'm 7!" I'm not sure I was a huge fan either, though I'm sure I will ride it again. Then I took the kids and Jason got to go. He liked it of course.
Then we got the kids some hats. They have a little stuffed Mickey or Minnie that fits in a pocket on the front. Funny.


We took some of the walking tours there, then watched "Finding Nemo, the Musical". It was good, though I think the kids got a little bored. Then we decided not to push it and get some lunch and head back. We stopped at the Rainforest Cafe. It's a fun place to eat! Waiting for our food:
Jason's big ol' plate of fish and veggies. I can't laugh too hard b/c I had pretty much the same thing. It was good.
Every 20 minutes there is a thunderstorm in the cafe, with thunder, darkened "skies", and all the pretend gorillas and monkeys get to making some serious noise. Ruby did not like this one bit:
Back at the hotel, Ruby napped while Reder and Dad did some exploring. Here is a picture of the hotel pool. Notice the water slide in the back behind the red umbrella:
The hotel also has some structured activities for kids throughout the day. Reder got to decorate a hippo sugar cookie:
When ruby got up we headed to Downtown Disney. First stop: Lego Store! Reder has been anticipating this for months. It is such an overwhelming store. We told him he could get a Lego set (you only live once, right!), but it took him forever to decide. Finally I had the idea of looking for a rocket set since that is right up his alley lately. They had one! Here is is posing with it:
The trip would not have been complete without a shot with Woody and Buzz, made of Legos of course!:
The trip would not have been complete without a shot with Woody and Buzz, made of Legos of course!:Next we went next door to what I called the "Princess Store". Here is Ruby with Aurora. She got excited when she saw her:
Next we went to the T-Rex Cafe for dinner. Jason and I really really wanted to go to Fulton's Crab House but we remember that this trip wasn't necessarily about us, and the T-Rex sounded fun for the kids. We waited in line for a bit but not too bad. Since we already had a huge lunch, Jason and I split an appetizer for dinner, but look, it's 3-tiered! Only at Disney.


This restaurant was really cool. It was decorated with all things dinosaur. Here every 20 minutes there was a meteor shower, which was even scarier than the thunderstorm. I spent a lot of time with Ruby on my lap. Here are the kids riding a baby Triceratops:
On the way back to the bus we found a cool splash pad. Water is fun!










No comments:
Post a Comment