Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our Weekend

We started off our weekend with SNOW. It started snowing Thursday and didn't quit until Friday night. In all I bet we got a foot, though it's hard to say for sure because it was melting into the ground somewhat as it fell. Saturday morning I had a Missions Festival at church (last church obligation for awhile!). It was fun though. Jason stayed home with the kids, and even babysat the neighbor boy. What did they do?? Play in the snow of course! It was sunny and somewhat warm, making for excellent play-in-the-snow snow. Here is Ruby in the back without a coat, shoes, or socks. It was warm, but not that warm. Did she care? NO!



Jason made the kids an awesome snow fort. You should see it today - it grew taller with an hour's more of work! Reder thought this was so cool. It has a fancy doorway, stairs on the inside to a slide that goes out the back.


While I was gone Jason also took a big bag of potting soil and spread it all over the garden. Our theory is that the dark soil will warm and melt the snow around it. Once we get the garden clear I'm sure we can keep it clear, as it is a large body of dark, warm dirt. I'd love to work in it soon......but not yet. And...it is working! The whole mass of snow in the garden has settled a few inches as compared to everywhere we did not spread dirt. Yeah!!

This morning was church. Here is a picture of the kids beforehand. Ruby is wearing a cute little dress Aunt Mary made her a year ago - it finally fits now! She loved it, or course. We can't get Reder to wear anything else to church other than this sweater vest with a penguin on it, even though it's getting small.


Gramma Mary and Papa Randy will be here on Tuesday and I can't wait! The kids can't either, of course. I am confident we will have a fun week. The best part of the week is the fact that Reder turns FIVE on Wednesday. I simply can't believe he's that old already. We'll have a special dinner on Wednesday, then have the "real" party on Saturday.

As an aside, I quit my editing job, at least for now. Maybe "inactive" is a more accurate term. My boss is great and says I can come back when I want. I found I was turning down almost every job I got, and I would be seriously disappointed if I opened up my email and found that they sent me a job. I think that is a sign!

1 comment:

sk said...

Give Reder a big ol' Hug from me and Jason Kay and wish him a Happy Birthday. Looks like I might be back for garden time with all the snow you guys are getting.