Last night Jason was putting Ruby to bed. This was their conversation:
Ruby: "Why is everyone sad that Pops died?"
Jason: "Because we won't get to see him again for a long time."
Ruby: "Maybe he'll change into something else. Like a little tiny baby. "
Jason: "Maybe...."
Ruby: "When I die maybe I will change into a butterfly."
Hmmmm.....where on earth did that come from?? Is Ruby a re-incarnist??
Well, we have not been up to much this weekend. Yesterday I had a gardening class at church that I thoroughly enjoyed. There's always something new to learn! Today we had church, then we woke up Ruby a little early from her nap, then went to a free comedian/magic show at the Ellen Theater. It was geared towards kids, but perhaps towards kids a little older than ours. Jason and I enjoyed it! I will say the kids sat still and tried to listen through most of it though, which we appreciated.
Yesterday it was warm and windy, so our snow melted so fast. Then today it snowed all day and was cold! All that hard work yesterday of melting the snow will just have to be repeated! I left for a run this morning when it was not snowing and got caught in the thick of it half way through. I was having secret thoughts that Jason and the kids would notice how awful it was and come and rescue me but that did not happen. In the end I survived. It certainly made me run faster!
I do not have any new pictures of the kids. Here are some from March 2009.....Reder was almost 3, and Ruby was almost 1. I forget them at this age already!

No comments:
Post a Comment