Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed a nice holiday. A quick summary of our week....

We decided to make Easter sugar cookies. We make sugar cookies for every holiday, Easter obviously included! Here we are rolling out the dough:



I'm having picture difficulties tonight so for some reason I did not get the picture of the finished cookies off the camera...oh well.

Anyway, on Saturday we dyed Easter eggs. That was fun! I got a kit that made the eggs into little monsters, complete with hair and sticker mouths and eyes.

Here we are getting started:


Ruby got WAY into making the monsters. I know she did more than half of them. Reder took too long on the couple he did and by the time he was ready for more, she had them done!

I love this picture. Ruby looks just like her monster egg, both eyes and mouth!

Reder also thought this was fun:


Sunday morning Reder got up early. He called me into his room at 6 am to ask if the Easter Bunny had come. I told him we'd better just go look. He was giddy. Here he is, all excited. They both got little play-doh kits, bunny flashlights, and a little bit of candy.


The Easter Bunny also hid a bunch of eggs. As a kid I remember my parents hiding eggs over and over and over, all day long. As a parent I'm learning that as a rule, all kids are alike, so of course my kids want to hunt for eggs all day long too. Very fun! Ruby is in her new Easter dress here:


We went to a breakfast at church, then to the 8:30 service. It was a zoo, but still good. Gramma Janet and Papa Rob met us there. Then we all went back to our house and Mom and I got cooking. It was such a beautiful day! Here is Reder on the back deck in his fancy Easter outfit, enjoying a roll hot out of the oven:


This is a picture of our table setting. Reder wanted nametags (made with my label printer, of course). Ruby of course wanted to contribute so she made little pieces of scrap paper taped together for everyone. And of course everyone got a monster egg:


Enjoying our meal:


By the end of the day the kids were wild, as is evidenced by this photo:


All in all a great day! However, last night my nose started dripping like a faucet and now I have a nasty cold. I blame Jason. Reder kinda has it too. Ruby has fought it off so far but she has a bit of a cough. I don't care what we get, as long as it's gone by our Disney trip next Tuesday!!

And something funny.....Ruby is supposed to be in her bed going to sleep, but she just came out of her room and said "I can't find Baby Dear! I think she's hiding somewhere!" Baby Dear is her baby doll, and she got left downstairs. Daddy remedied that right away. :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

Looks like fun. I still end up running around and jumping on things in my underwear for most recognized holidays. That is something some guys just don't grow out of.