Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Jason!

Jason's birthday was last Friday. We started off the day with a fancy breakfast of German pancakes and sausage. That was yummy! We let Dad open the present from us. He got a Kindle:

AED always provides lunch on birthdays, and Deb cooks. This time was enchiladas, beans, rice, and Jason's beloved ginger vanilla bean creme brulee. Everything was delicious, and we had a wonderful time. The kids don't get to eat there very often so this was special. Ruby PIGGED OUT on enchiladas and beans, and ate 1.5 creme brulees. Impressive. Reder loved everything but the dessert, of course.


That night was "Date Night", or the marriage enrichment program at church. So, we dropped off the kids in the nursery, had our little meeting with the other couples, then headed out on our date. It was so darn cold we just walked to the closest restaurant from church, which turned out to be Ted's Montana Grill. I wasn't in the mood for a pile of food so I had soup and salad, and Jason had a fish sandwich. Pretty good! Here is a self-portrait:


On Saturday Jason and my dad had their beekeeping class. That meant they were gone all day. So, the kids and I hung out with Gramma Janet all day. We went shopping, then came home and made pie and gourmet pizza for a special dinner. Once Dad and Jason got home we enjoyed a nice meal together. As a side note, Ruby was crabby all day, and neither me nor Gramma could do anything right. Well wouldn't you know as soon as Papa walks in the door she throws herself at him and gives him kisses. Go figure!

Here are Jason and Ruby enjoying some pizza. Jason was really sick that day so I think this smile is fake:


We love pizza!

The birthday pie - cherry of course:


Everybody loves pie!


Jason got a grill set from my aunt:

....and a lap board from my parents, but I guess I didn't take a picture of that. Thanks everyone!

And for something completely off the subject.....

Here is a painting Reder did at school last week. Do you notice anything about it? I'll give you a hint - it is completely easy for me to pick out his art work hung on the drying rack at school. I never mistake that of anybody else for his!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Dude! Your kid is an art genius! If Wally did the same project, there would either be like 4 dots if they were supposed to make dots, or it would just be a big blobby mess! Go Reder!

Unknown said...

He is a total "left-brainer", just like his mom and great grandma

Unknown said...

Uh, his artwork says "Reder" on it.

Kindles are great. Good idea.