Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our first 10K!

A couple of months ago Steffany talked me into doing the Run to the Pub. At first we thought it was a 5K, so were all gung-ho. Then we learned it was a 10K, but decided to do it anyway. I'm glad we did! We have been "training" for it ever since. We don't consider ourselves runners per se, so training is a lose term.

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. I do not know how we got so lucky with the weather, since it certainly could have been miserable. Here we are, all ready to go:



Jason snapped this shot of the hoard running down S. 3rd Ave. This race pretty much started close to our house and ran into town, all downhill, mind you. That is probably another reason why this race was so enjoyable.


We waved to our miniature fan club (as in Reder and Ruby) somewhere along the way:


It took both of us just about an hour. Once we finished we got our free pint glass, and a token for a free beer. Jason Kay picked us up at the end. Thanks Steff, we'll do it again next year!

And now for something completely different.....

Yesterday when Ruby got up from her nap I discovered this:
Oops! Guess she was combing her hair and then fell asleep, or something like that??? It took me quite awhile to get it undone. I found that removing little tiny pieces of hair at a time was the trick.

Speaking of children, Ruby is better (though I took her back to the doctor yesterday to get her ears checked yet again, and turns out they were worse! She is on a new antibiotic now) and is even more rambuctious and fiesty than ever. But, little Reder is now sick with a nasty cold. He took a LONG nap this afternoon, which is completely unheard of.

Well, I'm pooped tonight, so signing off!

No comments: