Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ready for Swimming

Sorry we have been so slow to post lately. The weather has been nice, so we've been outside playing as much as we can. Combined with the fact that we are gone to Vacation Bible School every morning this week, I'm lucky if I get dinner on the table!

This picture has nothing to do with swimming, but I threw it in. Jason got a new camera, so he took some pictures just for fun. This one is one of my favorites. Reder loves his sailor outfit. I love his dimples.



We had our first day of swimming lessons last week. The kids thought this was pretty cool. We changed into our swimming suits in the locker room, then headed out to the (indoor) pool. Reder is in a group of 4, and his teacher happens to be Jason's boss's daughter. Cool! He learned how to splash, kick, etc on the first day. He told me he doesn't like his face to get wet though - this could be a problem! Ruby and I were in a class together. We mostly just bobbed around, rode on a noodle, and taught them to float with their head resting on our shoulder. Ruby was the model floater - the teacher said it's hard to get little kids to feel comfortable doing that right away but Ruby didn't seem to mind.

Here is a picture of the kids in their suits, about to head out to the pool. They were giddy!

We have started work on the picnic shelter in our backyard (we as in the concrete guys). It will be a covered patio with a fireplace, a large area for a couch and table and chairs, and a spot for our swimming pool, which is nothing more than a giant baptismal pool. It will be sunk into the ground. The kids will love it! We got it from a guy Jason works with. We wanted to get the kids swimming suits with life preservers attached. Gramma Mary and Papa Randy found one on sale for Reder, and we found one for Ruby for $1 at a garage sale. Here they are modeling their suits (with their jammies underneath!).


I'll have Jason post more about our construction project, but I can provide a few details. We're having the Kruse's (the guys who built our house) pour the concrete, set the posts, and set the roof trusses. We'll do the rest, though I told Jason there's no way I'm putting down shingles - gotta draw the line somewhere, plus someone has to take care of the kids! :)

2 comments:

sk said...

Those pictures are priceless. Nice find on the floaty swimsuits! I love the Thomas swimsuit - I wonder where I can get one for Jason.

Jill said...

That is an incredibly cute picture of Reder! I can't wait to see the kiddos!