After dinner tonight Reder told us that he had a really good day. It was a good day.
First off we went to Church. We had to take some pictures of Ruby in her dress. Usually Katie gets her dressed for church, but today I was ready and we were running late. It was pretty warm today (30s anyway) so I figured she could wear a sleeveless dress. So I put this one on her (from her great grandma Finney). Once I had her dressed she went to find mom and told her "look!" and turns around showing off her dress. She loves getting dressed up. And she wanted us to take her picture:

I had to put in this picture - Ruby likes to make faces, and this is one of the funniest. I think she is saying "Mom, I want you to take my picture, but can't we find a better background?"
Reder and Ruby love the nursery at church, and then Reder loves Sunday School. So a good morning. After naptime we headed up Hyalite Canyon to go snowshoeing. It was such a beautiful day.

Here is Katie heading straight up a hillside - I had to remind her that the little girl on her back is lighter than the boy on my back.

Here is Katie heading straight up a hillside - I had to remind her that the little girl on her back is lighter than the boy on my back.
This is a spot we snowshoed through when Katie was pregnant with Reder. Our family has changed a lot since then!
I like this photo since it shows my snowshoe prints that Katie is following.
Towards the end of our hike we ended a ways up a 4WD road that we were parked at the bottom of. So we put the kids in the sled (I had towed along with us on our hike). Reder was happy to make sure Ruby didn't fall out.
It became quickly apparent that towing them down a hill didn't work - they kept running into me. So there was an obvious solution - ride with them!
Reder said "I'm sure glad daddy is with us!" We slid all the way down the road to the car.
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun. It is too bad your sled wasn't big enough for Katie to join in. I am sure she was jealous.
I was thinking the same thing, I bet Katie was jealous she didnt get a ride in the sled.
You don't know Katie-
She is scared of sledding.
Boy, someone looks awfully cute in their pink dress - how adorable!! GG Finny loved seing this.
Post a Comment