Saturday, September 27, 2008

What a fun day!

Today was gorgeous, so we took advantage of it and worked outside this morning.  For lunch we went to "Karie's Burger Store" (Ted's Montana Grill) as Karie was working.  Reder always loves that.  After everyone woke up from their naps we went hiking up Hyalite Canyon.  The dogs even got to come...I'm usually hesitant to let them ride in my new minivan but we covered it up pretty well.  Reder thought hiking with the dogs was hilarious.  Ruby had fun too but was maybe a little tired of it by the end, even though we didn't go far.  Here are some pictures of our day...
In my opinion fall is for baking so tonight Reder helped me make a pie.  When I asked him what kind of pie he was making he says "um, a cow pie!"  Don't think I'll be sampling his!  He thought this was great fun.

On another note, Ruby had a checkup yesterday.  She is 16lb 1oz, and 251/2 inches long, 95th percentile for both.  No tiny baby!  In comparison, Reder was 19lb 5 oz, 251/2 inches long at the same age, so he wins.  AND...she slept through the night for the first time last night!  Yee haw!  But experience tells me I shouldn't get too used to that treat.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have those same purple shoes and same jammies for Briar!!! How funny!
On another note, our girls are about the same size--Briar was 16 lb. and 26 1/2 inches...at 8 months! Maybe someday they can share clothes! :o)

Anonymous said...

"In my opinion fall is for baking"...you can't really get a more vintage Katie quote than that. Hilarious.
-Uncle Joel