Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Quick Trip to South Dakota

Reder had a long weekend a couple of weeks ago so we decided to take a quick trip to the Black Hills to visit Jason's parents. Reder was elated to have us pick him up early from school and to drive a little bit into the night to get there. They are very good in the car (Jason says I'm the worst passenger out of the 4 of us!) so the trip was easy.

One thing the kids really wanted to do while we were there was to go to Chuck E. Cheese. It's pretty fun, really. I love skeeball! Reder is starting to enjoy it too. And the pizza isn't as disgusting as it could be.

Jason with all of our tickets. We collected a ton this time! We got enough for each kid to get a slinkey!


One afternoon Jason and I went on a "date". We went to Toys R Us to look for Christmas present ideas, then out to lunch. While we were driving Jason drove me by his grandparents' old house, and we came across this road sign:

We went on lots of little hikes while we were there. We used Jason's GPS and looked for GeoCaches. Reder really enjoys this. Here is one of the treasure boxes we found:


Poor Cubby and Skippy are old dogs. The hikes we went on were slow and short, but their arthritis certainly didn't appreciate it. I should probably take them to the vet and see if I can do more for it - especially for Skip.

Here are Jason and Ruby after another hike. They beat us to the car so Ruby was proud:


Gramma and Papa love to do Sudoku puzzles. Here Reder is doing one with Randy. He's pretty good at it!



All in all a great trip!

No comments: