Ruby turned 3 on May 22. We were lucky in that somehow we got the Graff's to come up from Miles City, where they were visiting Joel's relatives. So, they were here for the affair also, which was great. When Ruby got up she got to get her present from us first thing - a Strider bike (rip-off, but still fine). It doesn't have pedals, so it teaches kids how to balance. She thinks it's pretty fun, although I think Reder enjoys it more than she does, and he's pretty good at it.
We went to church, which was fun for the Graff's too as they got to catch up with old friends. Then we came home and had a birthday party. Ruby got to pick what to have for lunch - hot dogs and Cheetos. Oh boy. I admit I love a good hot dog but I can pass on the Cheetos. Here are kids at the little kid table. They were too excited to eat much.She got a "HOT PINK" big girl bed from my parents. They had an old metal headboard that was so cute, and Dad spray painted it. She loves it. And it looks really cute in her room.


Opening presents was chaotic. Here is Ruby mimicking a ballerina while Wally tries to get her to notice her present.
Notice the enormous pink hairbow. That is courtesy of Aunt Karie.
Notice the enormous pink hairbow. That is courtesy of Aunt Karie. The Barbie Cinderella cake was a hit! Notice that Wally is in motion. Every picture I have of the kids and the cake has a blurry Wally.
Joel spent a lot of his afternoon doing this. Cubby was in heaven.
Then we went outside and did a pinata. It's a dinosaur!
Danger! Watch where you swing that thing!
Checking out their kill. Is it dead yet?
In all we had a great visit with the Graff's, and a fun party. Happy birthday Ruby!










2 comments:
I love Ruby with her dress and cowgirl boots! And I can't believe how tall Wally is. I'm so sad I missed it.
Wally is just adorable and yes, so tall. Looks like his daddy. Rubys is looking more and more like her mom. I think we should have make up birthdays whenever we're together!! And more pinatas!
Post a Comment