Monday, September 21, 2009

Ruby is a Big Girl!

In the last two weeks Ruby has turned into a big girl, seemingly overnight. She started walking on Labor Day weekend and hasn't stopped since! I got her some Nike tennis shoes at a garage sale and she is obsessed with them. She has them on at all times, and if not, she's looking for them so I can put them on for her.

She loves to read. Here she is after having found something interesting in a book


I love this photo. It's actually practical for her to wear skirts and dresses now. When she was a crawler she just got filthy and would scratch her legs all up. No more! I put her in a dress now whenever I get the chance:


To me these two look alike here!:

She has learned to smile for the camera. When we tell her to look at us because we're going to snap a picture, she flings her head back and opens her mouth wide. She kind of has buck teeth and she's not afraid to show them!:


It's hard to tell in the picture, but her hair is long enough to put in a pony tail now! Granted she pretty much only has hair in the back, and not much on the top, but still. At least she's getting something! It's curly in the back, but I worry that if I ever cut the curls off they will be gone forever.:

She has started saying a few words, too. She says thank you, which doesn't sound anything like that, but I know what she means, and she's consistent in her sounds. The other day I gave her a cracker and as she was walking away she said "cracker!" as clear as day. She's growing up too fast!

No comments: