Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oregon Trip - Part 3

Oh look, a sunny day, and we found a crab!  This was at Ecola State Park near Cannon Beach.  This place was great:


Look how pretty!


We got to play with lots of starfish.  Looking for them and anything else interesting was so much fun:





Eating a cinnamon roll on the drive after we left this place.  The kids were so good in the car.  We got a CD, They Might Be Giants, Here Come the ABC's.  We killed this CD on this trip, but as long as it was on, kids were happy!


Then we drove to Portland.  I took this picture because I thought it was so crazy - we're sitting in traffic on the freeway, in the forest!  Weird!


We went to the Lego store in Portland (no picture?  Duh!) and we stayed a night just outside of Portland so we could head out the next morning for home.  On our way home we decided to quickly stop at Multnomah Falls, right off the interstate.  Wow, pretty!



And while all this fun was going on, someone was breaking into our car! (do you see the broken window on the slider door?).  Jason spent a lot of time cleaning up glass.

 We got credit cards cancelled right away, and I really didn't have much cash in my purse.  It was just a hastle!  The Multnomah County Sheriffs were great though.  They caught the guy (unfortunately for him he had dropped his cell phone at the scene of the crime!  Duh!), and I filled out a bunch of paperwork last week for restitution, meaning I might get reimbursed for what this cost us.  I even got interviewed by the Oregonian newspaper!

So, driving from Portland to home is a LONG drive.  By dinnertime we were in Spokane, WA.  We stopped at a cool park for a picnic dinner:

Reder had spent too much time in the car.  When we got here he ran laps and laps and lap.  Pretty, huh?

We made it home about 1 am that night.  Great trip, though it ended a tad sour.  I feel good that we didn't let it get us down.  We had a great adventure!

No comments: