Thursday, July 12, 2012

Kamping with the Kay's Part II

We had so much fun camping a couple of weekends ago we decided to do it again this past weekend.  This time we went to a campground near some lakes up in the mountains east of Sheridan.  This place was cool.  It was a long, slow drive up the canyon, at least with the camper, but the lakes seemed very alpine-ish and really cool.  We unfortunately couldn't find a campsite here so we went down the road aways to a different, which actually worked out okay because we had the dogs with us so it was nice to not supply anything for them to bark at.

After we set up camp we went back up to the lake for a little exploration:


We even found some snow!


My poor girls are old and can't hike far and refuse to run, but they still had fun.


I thought these flowers were just neat.  Is this a wild geranium?


Fun by the lake until we got wary of all the mosquitoes, so after this photo we left:

I didn't realize I had uploaded this one, ha!  Anyway, Reder caught in the act:


Our campsite was by the river.  There was a nice little spot where it wasn't flowing fast and it was a great spot for building sandcastles.  The kids did this for a really long time.  I think they'll have fun at the beach for our Oregon trip (we leave on Saturday):


Jason Kay always seems to set himself up for doing "heavy" things like this.  I don't think he minds:


Again we cooked pizza pockets for dinner.  Jason found a stump that worked as a great little-kid table:


Steffany commented, "Who eats fruit and salad while camping?"  Well apparently we do!  She was responsible for most of our healthiness as I only brought some watermelon among the pizza and smores stuff.  Look at this spread!  We are all foodies at home, of course we would be foodies while camping out:

This big rock was right next to the camper.  It provided lots of camping entertainment.


This isn't a great picture of Ruby but Jason had to take it anyway because she was being so cute.  She called us back to see her "collection" - she had gathered all sorts of leaves, different shapes and sizes and colors, and arranged them on this stump:

Their cool sandcastle, with stairs!  Did some grownup help with the stairs? I missed that part:


On our way home we drove through Virginia City (though all kids were sleeping) and stopped in Ennis for an ice cream break.  We had a great weekend.  Thanks for coming, Kay's!


No comments: